1.08.2007

Back to Work!

This morning was a blur of email, and this afternoon was a blur of... everything else.

Our collection of documents from the Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations is now online. Many, many thanks to our diligent student worker who endured many hours of frustrating and confusing metadata entry.

This morning in my inbox, I received a plethura of GovDocs comics: a color copy of Sprocket Man to replace our missing one, and "Wishes and Rainbows" from the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, and ten others from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Ah, what fun!

I also set up an independent study project (this semester I'm taking Rare Books to further augment my education). I'll be creating an online finding aid for the UNT Rare Books William Blake Collection. No, it's not technically comics, but the combination of literature and art makes it close enough to pique the interest of this artist/art historian/english major/librarian. That, and I might get to do some traditional cataloging to augment all this metadata experience. MARC, here I come...

On a lighter note... ALA's electronic newsletter last week referred to a Monty Python’s Flying Circus skit on (Series 1, Episode 10, December 21, 1969) that features gorilla applying for a librarian position.
“You see, I don’t believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that’s been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians.”

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Another title for your govdoc comics collection: Her Name is Ann --

And your govdoc comic wiki was featured in the January 2007 issue of Info to Go!