8.27.2008

Summer = Travel

I've lost count of how many times I've traveled this summer. The professional experience has been great, but it's made the schedule hectic, and made it very difficult to keep up with everyday-type work. I'm looking forward to returning to a more normal schedule at the end of next week--by normal, of course, I mean that I'll also be returning to taking a full-time courseload. I'm sadistically excited about this semester, however, particularly about one course titled "Essentials of Academic Publishing." Practical, interesting, immediately applicable--right up my alley.

But in the meantime, I've got one last trip to make. This, finally, is the vacation trip--not a semi-"vacation" tacked on to one of my or my husband's work trips--just six days in New York City for fun.

I look forward to returning in a more work-ready state of mind... and to a regular schedule. Hooray for fall!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Haven't y'all started yet? Classes started here on Monday.

Starrlett said...

Yeah, they did.... but we both had Labor Day vacation time, and neither of us had time to travel for "fun" earlier in the summer, so we just did it.

Was *great*, but now I'm freaking out about statistics homework due on Friday. As in, two days.

Eeeek.