2.06.2008

Welcome, Wacom Tablet!

Better late than never.


It's been almost 18 months since my husband gave me a Wacom Graphire CTE440S tablet to use for drawing/graphics on my computer... but at that exact time, I became so overwhelmed with professional development activities at work, that I gave up my previous hope of starting a new hobby with an online comic.

However, I've been doing so much graphic design work in the past year at work that I finally broke down and brought it to the office. Hooked it up this morning, and am hoping to break into Photoshop with it this afternoon (I have some calendar pages and posters to get done by the end of the week, anyway).

So far, it's an odd substitute for my old mouse, particularly since I have two monitors side-by-side, which isn't exactly how the tablet's set up to operate. But I'm willing to feel clumsy for a few days, until I adjust. It's a small price to pay to finally feel like I have some dexterity in Photoshop and Illustrator.

No comments: